Please ensure you make a note of when your deposit and balance is due. I will assume that the cake is no longer required if the balance is not paid on time – one week before for celebration cakes and 30 days before for Wedding cakes.
- Wedding cake quotes are valid for 30 days after such time the price may increase due to revised prices, increases in raw material and product costs
- Any changes by the customer to the agreed design will be charged for accordingly and will be discussed with you prior to the change. Please note that changes may not always be possible but I will try my best to accommodate your request.
- A 50% booking fee must be made within five days of your order being agreed upon by both yourself and Precisely Iced, once an invoice is sent to you.
- The balance must be paid in full at least 30 days prior to the wedding date. Failure or a delay in paying the balance on time may delay work starting on the cake and this may affect the original design of the cake.
- If the balance has been paid and the wedding cake order is then cancelled more than 14 days before the wedding or delivery date, a refund of the balance will be made minus payment for any work undertaken on the cake (items purchased, sugar flowers, models, ingredients, sundries etc.) This cost is non-negotiable.
- If the cake order is cancelled within fourteen days of the event, no money will be refunded.
- Cancellations must be made in writing via email to email@example.com Text/Facebook messages will not be accepted.
- Cancellations are a breach of contract. You may ask for a transfer to a new date should your wedding be postponed. To avoid frustration please bare in mind that more that one new date must be offered. If the new date is more than 12 months away from your origional date, an additional fee of £50.00 will be charged.
- Cancellation by Precisely Iced: We shall not be liable for any failure to perform, where such failure or delay results from any circumstances outside our reasonable control including but not limited to any fire, flood, explosion, accident, adverse weather conditions, traffic congestion, mechanical breakdown, obstruction of any private or public highway, riot, government act, act of war, terrorism, act of God, or from any industrial dispute or strike whatsoever.
- Wedding cakes ordered with less than 30 days until the date of the wedding will need to be paid for in full and no monies will be refunded should the customer cancel the order at any time.
- Any items hired by you from Precisely Iced is a contract between you and Precisely Iced. Items lost, damaged or misplaced by the venue or members of the wedding party will result in none of the hiring fees being returned to you under any circumstances.
- Please see below regarding our policy on deliveries, allergens etc.
Any photographs I take of the wedding cake belong to me and I may use them for advertising and on my website without notice.
I’m ordering a Celebration cake, what do I need to know?
Birthday and all other celebration cakes must be paid for in full (within 24 hours of ordering) if the total cost is less than £50.00
Should you need to cancel more than 5 days ahead of the date required a refund of 50% will be issued minus payment for work already carried out e.g. sugar flowers, models, edible images, items purchased to fulfil your order etc. Less than 5 days will result in no refunds being made. This is non-negotiable.
Cakes costing £50.00 and over can be paid for in full or 50% non refundable/non transferable booking fee (within 24 hours of ordering) and the balance paid one week before the date the cake is required.
Should you need to cancel more than 7 days ahead of the date required no refund of the booking fee will be made. If you have paid in full or paid the balance early a refund of that balance will be made minus payment for any work carried out on the cake e.g. sugar flowers, models, edible images, ingredients etc. This is non-negotiable.
Cancellations must be in writing via email to firstname.lastname@example.org Text/Facebook messages will not be accepted.
Any photographs I take of the cake belong to me and I may use then for advertising and on my website without notice.
Cakes ordered with less than 14 days’ notice:
All cakes ordered within 14 days of the date required, including wedding cakes must be paid in full at the time of ordering and monies will not be refunded if cancelled anytime.
ARGGHHH!!!! I need to change my design, what do I need to know?:
I will endeavour to keep to the brief of the design however; I will use my judgement to make minor alterations to ensure the design works and looks aesthetically pleasing. Changes by the customer to the agreed design will be carried out at my discretion and extra charges may be applied.
Please note that if you wish to downscale your cake, the minimum size I will provide is an 8″. This is because I may have turned away business to factor in your original cake design.
What you need to know about collections:
My opening times for collections are Monday to Friday 10am to 6pm and Saturdays 9:30am to 10:30am with no collections on Sundays. A mutual time for collections will be discussed a day or two before. Please do you best to be on time, thank you.
Any request to move the collection day forward will be at my discretion. Please be aware that an earlier collection day may compromise the overall design.
All of my cakes are baked as close to the date of your celebration as possible and should be eaten on that day or within 48 hours to ensure freshness. My cakes can be frozen, just wrap them well in clingfilm then foil and allow to come back to room temperature in the wrapping before eating. Freeze for upto one month. Cupcakes should be eaten within 24 hours.
Storing your cake:
Your cake should be stored in the box supplied. Please keep it somewhere cool – but not in the fridge. Keep away from heat and light sources and strong smells. Do not store your cake in a cellar or car as these places may be too damp/cold/hot/humid and may cause damage to your cake.
Transporting your cake:
Please make space in your car boot so the cake can be transported as level as possible. I do not recommend that your cake is placed on someone’s knee or car seat. You may want to drive like your nana as you will feel every bump and pothole in the road!! In warmer months, please pop your air con on in the car, your cake will thank you for it. Also please follow this guidance if taking your cake from your home to a venue.
On a serious note, I cannot be held responsible for damage caused to your cake during any transportation and once it leaves my premises. Any damage that does occur may incur a repair charge.
Posted items: Cookies and toppers
I will always purchase a strong box for the packaging of your items. Wadding will be used to line, wrap and pack out your parcel. Items will be sent 1st Class via Royal Mail. I cannot be held responsible for any damage caused by the handling, storing or the delivering of your parcel. If your items are damaged by the delivery service, you must claim from them.
Delivery of wedding cakes:
I cannot be held responsible for any damage caused during the transportation of your cake to your venue. Cakes can be fragile and roads are far from smooth. I will always take a repair kit with me and I will endeavour to repair your cake in the case of any damage as best as I can on site.
It must be your responsibility to ensure your cake is to be positioned in a suitable area of the room away from direct heat sources such as radiators and open fires, draughts and unstable floors such as dance floors which can cause movement to your cake. I cannot be held responsible for the temperature or moisture level of the venue and any damage it may cause to your cake.
I will always pre plan my route to your venue but I cannot control the traffic and any lateness caused by roadworks, accidents on the road or inclement weather cannot be helped. No compensation will be given under any circumstance for situations out of my direct control.
I will photograph your cake and get a staff member to sign for your cake as evidence that it was left by me in perfect condition. I will also leave a care and allergen sheet with staff.
Allergens and inedible cake parts:
Your cake will have been prepared, baked and decorated in an environment in which the following food allergens are present. I cannot guarantee zero cross contamination, therefore please advise me of any allergies you may have: gluten, nuts, peanuts, eggs, milk, sulphates, lupin, soya, sesame, celery, crustaceans, mustard and sulphur dioxide. Your cake will be boxed with an allergen sticker attached.
Your cake may contain food safe internal supports which should be removed before serving. Models and sugar flowers may contain internal supports and/or wires and it is recommended that they are not consumed.
I hope I would never need to but should I need to cancel your order due to illness, injury or other personal emergency I will refund your payment in full. I will also try to find you an alternative cake decorator who is fully registered and insured. It is against the FSA rules for me to prepare food if I or a member of my family has been struck down with stomach bug and I’m sure you wouldn’t want me to either. I have a small group of registered baker friends who I will approach to take you order on if I need to cancel. I cannot guarantee that their pricing structure is the same as mine and no compensation will be given to cover any shortfall.
Cancellation by Precisely Iced: We shall not be liable for any failure to perform, where such failure or delay results from any circumstances outside our reasonable control including but not limited to any fire, flood, explosion, accident, adverse weather conditions, traffic congestion, mechanical breakdown, obstruction of any private or public highway, riot, government act, act of war, terrorism, act of God, or from any industrial dispute or strike whatsoever
I pour heart and soul into each and every cake I make and I’m proud of every cake that leaves my kitchen, using the best quality ingredients I can source. If you are not happy with the cake and you can prove you have taken care of the cake, storing it correctly as advised etc. you must contact me immediately and return at least ¾ of the whole cake to me including any flowers/models etc. within 24 hours of collection/delivery for inspection. If I agree that the cake is not up to my high standards then a refund will be discussed and agreed. If no cake is returned then no refund will be discussed and agreed.
Any dissatisfaction must be discussed with me on a one to one basis. Please refrain from openly discussing any complaint on social media prior to or during discussing your issues with me.
I will happily hold the date open for you for 24 hours for celebration cakes and five days for wedding cakes. After this time, your date may be given to another customer without notice if your initial payment hasn’t been made in that time. I do not send reminders.
Making your full or initial payment means you have read and agree to the t’s & c’s
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
In regards to Precisely Iced, for me to process your order I will need to record your name, telephone number and email address.
How I handle your information
Your information will be stored both electronically and manually. All of my electronic devices are password protected and any manual copies will be be filed away with my food trace-ability (containing only your name) forms and be kept at my home address. I will not pass on your details to third parties. I will only hold the basic information i need to process your order.
What rights you have over your data
You can request to receive a copy of the personal data I hold about you, including any data you have provided to me. You can also request that I erase any personal data I hold about you. This does not include any data I am obliged to keep for administrative or legal purposes. If you do wish to see a copy of the data I have on you please contact me via email at email@example.com